Thursday, September 25, 2014

September 24

This is our last day in Israel and we had to make the best of it.  We actually gave the group until 10:30 AM to get their luggage to the lobby and check out.  Their plane doesn't leave for another 12 1/2 hrs so we had to get a few more sites in before they leave.

Our first stop for the day was Bethany, the home of Mary, Martha & Lazereth.  I told Doron that I had a picture of Ken coming out of the tomb that I used in my book.  He said if Ken walked out of that tomb he WOULD believe!




Next stop was the Herodian where Herod was buried.  This is a new site for me and I wasn't real sure about climbing to the top of the hill, but since I hadn't been there before I thought I should do it.









After lunch we made our stop at the Garden Tomb.








Our last stop was a surprise to everyone.  Doron and I had taken Sandy to check in at the hotel so neither on of us was on the bus. when Mike drove into the 911 Memorial.  I'm sure everyone was wondering where in the heck he was taking them.  Mike had stopped and picked up pizza so we had our farewell meal in picnic style.







After dinner we headed to the airport and said goodbye to the group.






Shanah Tovah everyone!  That's Happy New Year in Hebrew.  Doron and I stopped at his son's mother-in-law's home to tell them Shanah Tovah and had Gefilte Fish, baked fish, salmon, latkes, & salad.  She also served a roast beef, baked potatoes, and I can't even remember what else.  I felt like I was being fattened up for the slaughter.  Amber promised to work as my personal trainer when I get home, and boy will I need it!

Well, that is all for this blog.  Be sure and watch the next trip that starts on the 29th in Istanbul.  the address for that blog is owoectjp14.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment